BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Techniques

Sunday 15 May 2011

The search begins.

Late last year, when things have settled down a bit, I began looking for schools to train in. I have been discussing this for a while now with my missus and she has always been supportive of whatever silliness I find myself into. She was more hopeful than I am with my return to training, able to suggest ways to plan around the various bits going on, e.g., school pick up, work, childcare, etc.

That sorted out, I started looking for schools. Much as I would have liked going back to Carlson's, it was not an option anymore due to time constraints. There was no way I could get to class on time with my new work hours and school pick up. Did I tell you that it takes 2 hours via public transport to get there, as well? Despite that, Carlson's is one of the better BJJ schools in London, IMO. Simon Hayes, Dickie Martin, and Wilson Junior have made me feel very welcome during my short stay there.


Anyways, I had to find a school that is near enough to cater to my needs and would not bust the bank. I did some internet forum searching (a very helpful venture, as you meet a lot of people here, as well) for several months and I found a newly established school in Croydon. I could not believe it! Gracie Barra Kamon BJJ by Kevin Chan! Apparently, they have just started last November and slowly building up their London base. I did a bit of forum searching again about the school and Kevin comes highly recommended by Simon Hayes himself.

In the next post, I'll tell you about the recon mission I had that is a story in itself. 'til then.

0 comments: