BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Techniques

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Back to the grind

My countless followers (read: two) might be wondering why this blog has been quiet for nearly 6 months. Well, it was due to the fact that since the Christmas holidays last year, I haven't stepped on the mats to train BJJ. I was really busy with my old job covering other sites and then I eventually moved to a new job that was waiting for me since November last year. During this period, I must admit, I have intentionally kept myself off from the BJJ world - save from the occasional updates I get from my training partners and friends, Keith and Elliott regarding who got promoted and what comps are they doing, etc. The reason I did that was because I did not want to feel how much I truly miss BJJ and training but I have always had that at the back of my mind. The trouble for me was, the longer I am away from the mats, the more unsure I have become of whatever skills I have acquired.

Last Monday, I made way to Battersea and for the first time in nearly six months, stepped on the mats again. There are several faces that I haven't seen before but I am glad to see those familiar faces who used to choke and armbar me into oblivion. I did not see Keith but am glad that Elliott was there to ease  my way back into training. Elliott has done several comps and medalled since I last rolled with him and it shows. That man literally handed my ass to me - and he seemed to have done this effortlessly (get this guy a sponsorship already!)

And that sets the tone of my return to my BJJ journey. Good to be back.

2 comments:

slideyfoot said...

Glad to hear you're back. :)

binster said...

Thanks, Slidey. Hope all is well with you and your training.