BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Techniques

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Good days, bad days

There are days that I feel that I feel that I "know" BJJ, and there are days that I feel I don't . This past several sessions fall on the latter category. Thinking about it too much would only bum me out, so I don't. I am enjoying it despite the frustrations of getting smashed at sparring or knowing that you could escape into a better position but is too gassed to effect it. Yes, I know - cardio is still an issue but I am slowly getting there. ;)

Sometimes, I am tempted to analyse why am I crappy at BJJ, but most times, I just tell myself, "Knowledge and skill would come soon enough." If you remember recently, I have made small goals for myself, mostly focusing on establishing the commitment to set time for BJJ. I would like to say that I am getting AT LEAST two sessions a week now, and I have been granting myself a third session most weeks. Balancing work, family and BJJ is often difficult, even in the best of times.

On a more positive note, the second Pinoy BJJ Group Open Mat is this Sunday at the Battersea Youth Centre. Aside from the original pinoy grapplers from the first open mat in Hertfordshire, we are lucky to be joined by some of my regular training partners from the Kamon Croydon crew, Elliott, Keith, and possibly blue belt Steve (owner of the nasty Steve-o-tine). I have also been informed that brown belt Paul has confirmed his attendance. Bong has certainly worked his charms in securing this one (Thanks, brother).

I hope someone brings a camera for posterity.

0 comments: